Thursday, December 9, 2010

Starting December Off Right!

I had the best weekend! Friday, I made an appearance on 11Alive to promote their annual Holiday Can-A-Thon! We broadcast live with Paul Ossman in Atlantic Station. I was with Kristen, Miss Georgia Teen USA and although we were a little cold, it was incredible to watch Atlanta come out and donate thousands (literally!) of canned goods. The Can-A-Thon benefits the Salvation Army, which is active in our communities 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Families that seek assistance from the Salvation Army do not pay a cent for their help. With a live band playing Christmas music, it seemed like everyone was in the holiday spirit! I had a flashback meeting with a couple ballet students performing in Atlanta Ballet’s Nutcracker, they were freezing in their little tutus! Right before I left, I saw something red flash past me and go behind the Christmas tree… instinctively I turned and walked towards it. As I turned the corner and squinted my eyes I realized it was Santa! I immediately asked to speak with him about something very serious. He obliged and I said “ Santa… all I want for Christmas is to win Miss USA!” He responded with “I’ll see what I can do” and a wink… I think that’s a good sign!
Saturday I woke up at 7:30 in the morning to prepare for the long day ahead of me! I had a photo shoot for Bravura’s 2011 Prom Catalog with MOYE Photography in Canton. As soon as I arrived I started hair and makeup. We decided on a glamorous look with big hair, which is my favorite:). I experienced something new, airbrush makeup! It was really nice and smooth looking without looking like cake frosting ha! We shot in an old cotton mill that was turned into a museum. I did three separate looks- a silver cocktail dress, a nude and black gown, and a gunmetal cocktail dress. I think the end result was really cute and fun! I could have kept shooting all night if they would have let me, but I had another appearance sneaking up on me and had to leave.
Next was the Woodstock Parade of Lights. In true Kaylin fashion, I couldn’t just get there like regularly planned… I had to get lost and drive 30 minutes in the wrong direction! Somehow my Mom and I found our way to the meeting spot and drove in on two wheels at 5:32 exactly (the parade started at 5:30!). Luckily they were a little behind schedule- So I was able to run through the parking lot and hop on the convertible without anyone the wiser (Can anyone say: "Miss NY USA moment?" ha ha ha). Kristen and I rode together- we were driven by none other than Miss Kimberly Harlan, former Miss Georgia Teen USA. Rain was sprinkling and none of us could feel our faces but we had so much fun we wouldn’t have it any other way. The people of Woodstock really came out. I passed so many faces of little girls so excited to see a “princess” in real life. Once again I felt so blessed and proud to be Miss Georgia USA.









I’m looking forward to the rest of this week! I am attending a holiday party at Bravera Prom on Wednesday, interviewing with Suwanee Magazine on Thursday, and meeting with Interview/Media coach Don Baker on Sunday. Also, look out for my interview with http://www.scoutmob.com/ coming soon! I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment