Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My First Appearance!

Thanksgiving night I made my first appearance as Miss Georgia USA! I was invited to be a part of the Ryan Cameron Celebrity Bowling Challenge, where proceeds from the event benefited the Ryan Cameron Foundation Leadership Academy. The RCF is dedicated to uplifitng the youth of Atlanta through mentoring, coaching, tutoring, teen safe driving, and volunteering among other things. This event has been a part of Atlanta for 19 consecutive years and I was very honored to be a part... Bowling skills or not!
 Let me just get this out there now... I bowled an 89. No typo there... 89. But considering the circumstances I think it's a pretty honorable score, right? I had no bumpers and I was bowling in 4 inch heels! Maybe the crown knocked off my equlibrium or something :) I did bowl a strike so I was able to walk away satisfied. I had so much fun with my team which consisted of myself, CJ Simpson (Murph Dawg & CJ in the Morning 95.5thebeat.com ), Elle Duncan (V103.3). We were up against some heavy hitters like Atlanta Hawks players Josh Smith & Zaza Pachulia, Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reid, Chris Brown, Young Jeezy, Producer Polow Da Don, Rashan Ali (V103.3), Big Boi (Outkast), DJ Unk, and Kyle Massey (Dancing with the Stars). One special moment that stood out for me was when I met Ryan's wife and 9 year old daughter, Kai. I could tell she was a little shy to meet me but I let her try on the crown and banner and her face instantly lit up! It was a beautiful moment because it reminded me of the dream I had at her age of becoming Miss Georgia USA and how far away it felt sometimes. I hope I impacted her in some way even if I just made her smile for a little bit! Overall it was a great night, I met some great contacts for the future. I have to give a special thank you to my dear friend Crystal (CJ) for helping me get my year off to a great start with this event (and taking so many pictures!!). I haven't even been Miss GA USA for a week and I've already had a great apearance for a great cause! You rock girl! Next week is going to be very fun & busy, I have three appearances in a row! I will be sure to take mental notes & lots of pictures to share with you on this blog! God bless you, I hope you have an awesome week!

Kaylin



No comments:

Post a Comment